Operation Goodtime: Cleveland 1st Annual Winter Convergence
When this event was planned I hoped to show the PAX diaspora our North Coast Hardiness. There was supposed to be 3 feet of snow on the ground with the temperature a brisk 0°F with a windchill factor around -3°F. This was NOT meant to be. Having our last winter blast mid-week, it was as if we were in the Nation’s Fountainhead, Charlotte, NC. The mythical realm where the Winter Wizard has been granted a day or two of snowy winter wonderland. Enough of a reminder so the OHatians (as a realtor friend of ours refers to us) can remember and wax nostalgic for the winters we knew as children. Where snow makes an appearance and then is gone once again, melted away by the return of the 40° days.
That’s a long way to say… it was SUPPOSED to be cold and snowy yet it was a balmy 49° with the promise of rain. The Lord Blessed our 1st Annual Winter Convergence with a relatively dry morning in which we met and did:
- SSH (Schotty)
- Schotty Hop Squats (Patriot) (Warm-up of choice)
- Walker Brothers – Imperial and Commie (Matlock)
- Arm Circles (cadence and repetition explanation)- Haskell
Schotty Set 1: (Location block steps on way to parking area)
- Incline Merkins x 10
- Decline Merkins x 10
Indian Run to area in front of Rock Hall split into 2 lines
Schotty Set 2: (Location area in front of Rock Hall)
- Hop- Ups
Indian Run to UH Gate
Patriot Set 3:(Location area outside University Hospital Gate)
- Partner One Merkins until Partner Two returns from sprinting to gate, flap-jack
- Partner One LBCs until Partner Two returns from sprinting to gate, flap-jack
Patriot Set 4:(Location Southwest Gate)
- Partner carry to gate, flap jack back
Mosey to ramp
Matlock Set 5:(Location ramp leading to Northwest side)
- Mosey up ramp
- 6 guys go down ramp run/sprint, Quadraphillia back up, sprint back to end of line
- Remaining PAX peoples chair/air press/plank-jacks (change after each group returns)
Mosey to First Energy steps
Matlock Set 6:(Location North side steps)
- Hop up to top (touch every step)
- Merkins at top
Mosey to the top of the Parking Garage
Haskell Set 7:(location near parking garage)
- Cac-a-lac-a-choo choo 2 columns
Mosey to hill
- 5 burpees at top, plank at bottom until all finish
Mosey back to Start Point
Haskell Set 8: Mason Twist x 30, Low Flutter x 28, Low Dolly x 20
Happy Birthday song for Toledo’s the Colonel followed by Mekins x 38.
Coffeeteria: Punch Bowl Social
Pops took us out with this inspiring speech:
Though we hail from different Tribes: from Toledo, Westshore, and Brecksville, to join our hosts here in Cleveland, we come here today as one nation, F3 nation. As we post, we are mindful of those brothers who could not be here and those whose companionship we miss for many and diverse reasons.
But, we happy few, who have the good fortune to join this party should do so remembering that:
There will come a day when we cannot post. That day will come upon each of us at different times and for different reasons. But this is not that day. This day we gather. This day we grow. And for that we are mighty grateful.
So let us leave here stronger in body and spirit and strive to be better men, better husbands, better fathers in our community.
Patton took us out with the COT.
- Prayers for Stretch who lost a friend this week
- Prayers for Forrest who lost his father
- Forrest, Strong post, thanks for honoring him with us this morning.
- Toledo STRONG showing, 9 PAX making the drive thank you brothers!!!!
- Is it true that if a region HC’s and that region has a trophy from a previous convergence, is it forfeit? #AFAF
- Great information about the GrowRUCK09 in Toledo, I heard the following HC today: Schotty, Patriot, Matlock, Ocho Cinco, Magoo. It all happened so fast I can’t be certain I captured them all, at any rate, please click the link above for more information and to solidify your HC by registering.