Pre-Blast MECA Healthy Eating Challenge
Welcome to the Winter HEC… stay strong and win a prize (a healthier you and that beach body your M has always dreamed about!) PLUS, maybe even a fancy certificate.
The Winter 2018 MECA HEALTHY EATING CHALLENGE
About the Challenge
There is a base list of items that are prohibited over the course of the six week program.
Prohibited items for the six weeks beginning Week 1:
- No Fried Food
- No fast food (Including Pizza)
- No Processed snacks like potato chips, Candy Bars etc…
- No Dessert
- No Sodas/Pop or Sweet tea
- No cheeses (Including Shredded, feta, or slices. Cottage Cheese is allowed)
- No cream-based sauces/Dressings (Including fat free options for ranch, Caesar, Alfredo, etc..)
NOTE: You will receive ONE free pass per week. This could be a steak dinner or a pizza. The pass, if you choose to use it, can be used within that week (there are NO carryovers.) Try to use your weekly pass in moderation.
We will add one element to the prohibited items list each week throughout the Challenge.
For Planning purposes, they are as follows:
- Week 2: No Red Meat
- Week 3: No Bread
- Week 4: No Pork
- Week 5: No White Starches (potatoes, pastas, white rice)
- Week 6: No Dairy or things cooked in butter
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6|
|Jan 15 - Jan 21||Jan 22 - Jan 28||Jan 29 - Feb 4||Feb 5 - Feb 11||Feb 12 - Feb 18||Feb 19 - Feb 25|
|No fried food, fast food, snacks or candy bars, dessert, sodas or sweet tea, cheeses, or cream sauces/dressings|
|No Red Meat|
|No White Starches|